Conditions of participation
1. Registration can be done in person or via our website. IBZ Dortmund GmbH reserves the right to deviate from the teaching times and locations specified in the current course programs.
2. IBZ Dortmund GmbH can only guarantee the course fee valid upon registration for a period of 6 months. If the course fee has increased in the meantime, the difference must be paid at the start of the course after these 6 months.
3. The registration is binding. You are obliged to pay the full course fee. By prior arrangement, payment in installments is possible with a deposit of at least 50% of the course fee. A copy of your ID card or passport must be presented to register.
4. Deregistration after issuing a certificate of attendance or registration is no longer possible. In the other case of deregistration, we charge fees as follows:
- up to 3 weeks (21 days) before the start of the course: 10% of the course fee,
- up to 2 weeks (14 days) before the start of the course: 20% of the course fee,
- up to 1 week (7 days) before the start of the course: 50% of the course fee,
- thereafter (6 days and less) 100% of the course fee.
The cancellation must be made in writing (e.g. by email, but not Text message / SMS / Whatsapp).
5. A free postponement of the registration to a later date is only possible up to 2 weeks before the start of the course. If the course is postponed later before the start of the course, a fee of € 100 is due; postponement is no longer possible after the start of the course.
6. The minimum number of participants per course is 10. If the minimum number of participants is not reached, the IBZ Dortmund GmbH can withdraw from the contract. Course fees already paid will then be fully reimbursed.
7. Certificates of attendance or registration will only be issued once the course fee has been paid in full.
8. Registration for a follow-up course of the next higher level is only valid if the final test of the previous course has been passed. If the final test is not passed, the same course level can be repeated for a fee. If neither the same level nor a follow-up course is to be taken, payments already made for the follow-up course will be reimbursed. Services that have not been used cannot be replaced retrospectively.
9. Our liability for damage, in particular for those resulting from accidents, illness, damage, loss or theft, is excluded, unless the damage was caused by us intentionally or through gross negligence. Participation in the events, e.g. trips, excursions, graduation or course celebrations, is at your own risk. There is no insurance cover.
10. Sovereign measures, natural disasters, traffic disruptions, strikes, disruptions in the energy and raw material supply and other cases of force majeure, i.e. extraordinary events for which IBZ Dortmund GmbH is not responsible, release IBZ Dortmund GmbH for the duration of the effects of the disruption of the obligation to fulfill the contract. In these cases, IBZ Dortmund GmbH is not obliged to pay compensation, in particular not to reimburse travel and accommodation costs or lost work.
11. By registering, the participant declares his / her consent to the processing of personal data for the purposes of course and examination implementation and accounting as well as later information by IBZ Dortmund GmbH. The data will not be passed on to third parties beyond the direct course and examination administration. IBZ Dortmund GmbH uses the data in strict compliance with the Federal Data Protection Act and the GDPR.
Special conditions for registration from abroad
12. After successful registration and payment of the course fee plus the processing fee and additional costs (e.g. shipping / sending of documents) for foreign registrations, the participant receives a payment confirmation, a registration confirmation and an invitation letter.
13. A reimbursement of the course fee is only possible if the application for a visa has been rejected. The letter of rejection from the embassy (certified copy) and the original receipt must be presented in our office or sent to us by post. The processing fee of € 100.00 due with the registration cannot be reimbursed.
INSTITUTIONAL APPLICANTS (registration through an agency, university or language school)
14. For registrations of language students through agencies, universities or language schools, the applicant (s) and the person registered are liable in the event of late participation in the course.
15. If a language student is registered with IBZ Dortmund GmbH by an agency, you are both liable to IBZ Dortmund GmbH. In addition, special contractual conditions apply to institutional providers, which we will provide on request.
The possible ineffectiveness of individual provisions of this contract does not result in the ineffectiveness of the other provisions. The wholly or partially invalid provision is to be replaced by a provision that comes as close as possible to the spirit and purpose of the invalid provision.